1. Medjool Dates
- Size: Medjool dates are huge and have a fibrous texture.
- Color: Also, it comes in a reddish-brown color.
- Origins: Medjool dates are majorly cultivated in Morocco, Palestine, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: They are soft and sweet.
- Size: Omani are one of the best varieties of dates which are generally large in size.
- Color: Omani dates are dark brown in color.
- Origin: As the name itself suggests that it originates from Oman, Middle East.
- Taste: These are juicy and sweet in taste.
3. Piarom Dates
- Size: Piarom dates are long, thin, and oval, which counts around 2 to 5 cm in size.
- Color: Furthermore, they are semi-dried dates and have dark brown to black colored skin.
- Origins: These are grown in the Persian Gulf and middle east areas.
- Taste: Piarom has a unique sweet taste, which has some features of toffee and caramel.
4. Deglet Nour Dates
- Size: Deglet nour dates are medium sized and narrow elongated oval shape.
- Color: Further, the color of these dates is dark golden brown.
- Origins: Its origin is oasis of Tolga and neighboring areas of Biskra & Oued Righ in Algeria.
- Taste: Deglet dates are soft, meaty, and sweet.
5. Mazafati Dates
- Size: Talking of different types of dates without mentioning mazafati is not so fair. These are sized from 2.5 to 4 cm.
- Color: These have soft dark brown colored flesh.
- Origins: Moreover, mazafati dates are originated from Bam, a city in Kerman, Iran.
- Taste: It has a soft taste of caramel, brown sugar, and chocolate.
6. Barhi Dates
7. Thoory Dates
- Size: Thoory dates are sized from medium to large and are oblong in shape.
- Color: Also, Thoory date is among the types of khajur which has typical golden brown flesh.
- Origin: They are famous in Algeria.
- Taste: These are pretty dry, semi-sweet, and have a peanut like nutty flavour.
8. Ameri Dates
- Size: The size of ameri dates ranges from 12-22 grams and with an oval and elongated shape.
- Color: However, they are light to dark brown colored.
- Origins: Ameri dates have their origins in Iraq.
- Taste: These are moderate sweet.
9. Dayri Dates
- Size: Dayri are the types of dates that are sized from medium to large and have soft and red skin.
- Color: When these dates ripen, its skin turns amber from red and turns golden brown after being stored in.
- Origin: They are originated from Iraq.
- Taste: Dayri dates are soft, heavy, and sweet in taste.
10. Halawy Dates
- Size: Moreover, Halawy is a small to medium date fruit whose flesh is delicate and pale.
- Color: It has golden-brown skin.
- Origins: Halawy dates come from Mesopotamia.
- Taste: Also, they are delighting, soft, and caramel-honey-like in taste.
11. Khudri Dates
- Size: Khudri is one of the dates varieties that have flakes in the skin. It comes in both small and large sizes.
- Color: These are dark brown in color with not many wrinkles on them.
- Origins: Khudri is cultivated in Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: These are moderately sweet, chewy, and not much dry dates.
12. Zahidi Dates
- Size: Zahidi is also in our dates list which is medium-sized and oval in shape.
- Color: Also, they have light brown skin with a thick, golden inner meat.
- Origins: It was cultivated in Northern Iraq.
- Taste: Also, they are nutty dates that quite tastes like peanut butter and some blend of dried apricots.
13. Safawi Dates
- Size: Safawi dates are medium-size round in shape.
- Color: Safawi dates are dark black cherry in color with slight brown in them.
- Origins: They grow in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: Safawi are sweeter than khudri dates.
- Size: Amber is the largest of all the famous Madinah dates.
- Color: Moreover, these are amber-color.
- Origins: Amber dates have their origins from the Madinah region of Saudi Arabia.
- Taste: These are soft and fleshy dry dates.
15. Kalmi Dates
- Size: Also, kalmi are one of the variants of Safawi dates. They are small and cylindrical in size.
- Color: Kalmi dates are black in color.
- Origins: These types of khajoor are from Oman but cultivated in Madinah.
- Taste: Also, they are of the usual date flavor with enriched sweetness.